Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The power of the babe

So in my new home of Portland we are lucky enough to live near 2 of Joel's uncles and their families. On weekend we stopped by to visit one such family and they are a riot. Their youngest is the same age as my 10 year old niece Maddie. Martha is something else. The family's conversation turned to a voodoo like doll that sat in the kitchen and jokes abounded. Little Martha piped up and stated matter of factly (for that is the way she talks):

Martha: I tried calling upon the voodoo king, but nothing happened.

Her Dad: Really? What did you want from him?

Martha: Wealth and power.....

Dad: Hmmm.....maybe you should stick to praying.....


I personally prefer the Goblin King. But that's just me.

1 comment:

EndlessTwilight said...

You remind me of the babe
what babe?
The babe with the power
what power?
The power of voodoo
who do?
You do
do what?
Remind me of the babe!

Tell Martha I love her already. ♥