Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday is for gratitude

Things I am grateful for today:

Good good music. That makes me dance dance. Which gets my low blood pressured self moving said blood to my extremities. Which prevents my toes from falling off due to cold and my not wearing event/weather appropriate shoes. Good music is necessary for survival.

Good good friends who listen to me gripe about going crazy. And let me carry everything they own in my purse. I like to feel needed. (If you think I'm being facetious, you are wrong).

Cousins of musicians playing good good music that get super excited and give you your personal concert right there in the audience.

A mother who let's me cry to her when I'm driving home from said concert and I lose it. Who doesn't let me off the hook when it comes to taking responsibility for myself, and that reminds me that I'm not hopeless. And that she loves me. Even when I'm being crazy.

Friends who text me at 1am while I am wide awake stressing and tell me that I should sleep, or maybe go to Denny's.

Gabbing at Denny's until 2am. That and watching a middle aged couple make out.

Friend's who want to fix me up with with their married brother. Because they like me that much.

Realizing (once again) after having a minor melt down, that I am okay. And having a little visitor at 2:30 this morning that helped explain said meltdown.

Waking up way before my alarm after a late night, refreshed and ready to take on the day.

(But these meltdowns have got to stop or I am going to end up old and alone. And crazy.)

2 comments:

$teve said...

Please don't worry about being alone. It sounds like you have a lot of great friends and family out there that might take offense to that. :) You're going to be alright. This too shall pass.

Another suggestion, do what I do. Become schizophrenic...then you're never alone.

oof said...

Meltdowns are okay. They happen. Xanax helps. So does pizza and ice cream. And a favorite movie.

Mom's right, though, in the end it's up to you. But, you rock, so no worries...