I don't know what my deal is lately. It may be work and work (double time). The first work being demanding with a scheduled crunch time at month's end, the second, photography that keeps me super busy (good thing) to the point of a nervous breakdown (bad thing). So I have had to make a few concessions in my life in order to keep my sanity until I get caught up and semi-organized (because fully organized is a fool's dream).
1. After a valiant attempt at lowering the DC intake, I stopped at Sonic on my way to work to welcome the day with a Route 44 DC with lime.
2. I have stopped showering everyday. No worries, I very rarely go more than 1 day and even then it's like 1.5 days.
3. My bedroom looks like a scene from some dooms day movie. Post doom. I just had to let it go. I have really good intentions to take care of that tonight. The same really good intentions that I had last night. But I edited pictures instead. So I wouldn't stress.
4. I've been letting myself sleep in. Work is a little lenient in the 8-10am arrival area. I try not to take advantage of it. But have been doing so.
5. I have watched Pride and Prejudice about three days in a row now (while editing photos). I tried sticking in the BBC version for a little variation. I never realized how much Jane in that one stressed me out. I stopped it after 10 minutes and put in the Focus Films one because a) it's beautiful to my eyes and ears and b) that beauty calms me
6. Gidget the feline has been home due to the fact that I finally got her spayed last week. Problem is that she has been super weird (normal right?) and wants nothing to do with me. I started getting scared after a few days when she still hadn't really eaten and was hiding under furniture and her eyes looked pathetic. The other night I came home and she was waiting at the door. She is now more affectionate than ever. Insists on sleeping stretched out across my chest and neck. To the point that I can't breathe. But I love it. She's going back to her foster home on Monday and I will miss her. I am a strong believer in the calming power of pets.
When concessions have gone too far:
1. Drinking DC in the morning is not going to be good for my healthy eating and general living plan.
2.I started getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. Which has never happened before despite my always sleeping with the screen less window ajar. (It's got these old fashioned glass slates that open). I thought nothing of it until it got worse and someone at work mentioned that cleaning could solve that problem. I about hurled when I thought of my gross room and the haven it would be for my flying friends.
3. Not showering and sleeping in is fine in moderation. But when it translates to me not having time to get ready at all and finding the nearest semi clean clothes on the floor, a bad trend follows. One of Sarah not looking or feeling very presentable.
4. Sometimes I can't breathe because Gidget is laying on top of me. And I don't care. Have I lost the will to live? Not quite yet. But breathing could be healthy in warding off anxiety.
5. Excessive viewing of P&P while stressed out and feeling frumpy with tired skin and eyes and a mosquito bite on your face leads you to start relating more to other characters that Lizzy. A couple nights ago when Charlotte is explaining how she and Mr. Collins are in engaged and exclaims "Don't you dare judge me Lizzy. I'm 27, I have no money, and no prospects..." I exclaim "I am 27 with no money and no prospects!" A dear friend pointed out that I have the good sense not to concede to a Mr. Collins however. But still.
Don't worry. I know when enough is enough. Changes are on the horizon. That which was helping maintain my sanity will have to go in order to restore it. Funny how that works.