Monday, March 27, 2006

A breakthrough for Sarah

Saturday, had to go take pictures of our ward sorting food at the food bank. I really love going there, because it's a good thing and seriously, I could just hang out with our bishop. He's great. I know he probably tells everyone this, but as Amelia and I showed up, he was standing there holding the door open for us, but shut it and leaned in to say, "I probably shouldn't say this, but you two are my favorites. Seriously, I were younger and not so happily married and not your bishop, you'd have to kick me out of your house." And for the fact that he sneaks away to get a Coke, and for the fact that he makes me feel like a million bucks even when Im not really feeling that great, and for the fact that when this one girl announced that she needed gum because she had eaten onions and her breath smelled nasty, that he spun around and asked, "did someone say nasty? wait, I'm a bishop, I can't say that." Which, could be creepy, but not from him, he's just REAL.

But afterwards.....Amelia needed to get a hoody sweatshirt for her spoiled lil brother serving his mission in CA. So we stopped by American Eagle. As I sat and waited for her to shop in the big comfy leather chair (that pales in comparison to mine, by the way) I noticed a peculiar phenomenon. All of the other seats were occupied, by men, young and old, playing with their phones, looking at watches, and waiting for their girlfriends/wives. The strange part was, I sat there as well, feeling slightly out of place as the lone female, but more so that I had no desire to shop, and sat there doing the same as the males (only waiting for my roommate since I have no girlfriend or wife to speak of let alone a boyfriend. That just sounded weird). Could I be cured? Or is it simply that I am not a huge fan of AE? It's never really stopped me before though.

On second thought, I did buy some aviator sunglasses before leaving. That I really didn't need. But in my defense, I have since decided they are much too big and trendy looking and must be returned. I still want aviator sunglasses, but more old school.....or not. I don't know what I want any more. Shopping no longer fills the void. That's probably a good thing.

5 comments:

Hobo said...

AE, Hollister, Abercrombie and Itch, all those stores are repulsive. I enjoy shopping in San Fran (H&M, Zara, Nordie's) and any Body Shop around. Then there are the thrift shops.

I percieve you to be a shopper. A classy shopper.

My dad has some aviator glasses. Old skool. I think he's had them since I was 2 or something.

christina said...

I don't shop.

Rachel said...

walmart is the premier shopping destination in this household. They have free cookies there, too.

Sarita said...

I have to clarify that Amelia's brother is not spoiled, she just said so as she was purchasing him things. He is a fabulous kid.

The one day she looks at my blog...

Amanda and McKay said...

I can spot a Target product a mile away. That's really the extent of my clothing line expertise.