Monday, June 13, 2011

Whelmed

Not quite overwhelmed, but getting there. A la Bianca on that movie Ten Things I Hate About You (which, by the way is based on Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew - which, by the way I played the part of Bianca in during junior high. At a renaissance faire. Bet you never knew that about me.) So yes, Bianca, you can be just whelmed. So why, do you ask, am I suddenly blogging again when I am so close to be overwhelmed? Perhaps denial.

We have a big week ahead of us. We are moving in 5-6 days. Joel is feverishly studying for the WA state bar, and I need to get our lives packed into the van and haven't really started. And lets see what else is happening......well, as this kind of snuck up on us, there are lots of goodbyes to be said. There is a bridal/wedding formal shoot this afternoon, a wedding to shoot on Friday (the day before we leave), lots of editing to attempt, a hair appointment, a windshield to replace, and a million little errands to run. Not to mention taking care of this kid. Oh and when we returned from visiting the adorably new baby Charlie in Arizona on Saturday morning at about 1am and needed to take back the car rental, it was discovered that our one and only key to the van took a little trip to CA with my sister and family. It is on its way back and hopefully will arrive today. But.......did you notice how many of those listed things that need to be done involve the use of a car and more specifically, our car? Starting with a photo shoot I need to get to today.

But all things considered, I am still only whelmed. And am sitting here blogging and watching Yo Gabba Gabba with Kai instead of packing or starting the dishes from last nights family potluck. I suppose the hipster kids music is calming my nerves for the moment. Thank goodness for hipsters.

So wish me luck in accomplishing all that I need to. And not losing my mind.

Also, you people who we love in the state of Utah, we will be stopping for a few days in your neck of the woods and we want to see you all.

Also, stay tuned for lots of pictures of the kid, my sister's family, recent wedding work, and baby Charlie. But don't be surprised if they take a couple weeks (as if you would be).

Got to go, it's dance-ey dance time.




1 comment:

Evan and Holly said...

Okay, the fact that you are only whelmed means you are one impressive woman/wife/mother. You'll get it done. You'll live on a high of adrenaline for days and you won't sleep. It will get done and you'll get to WA. Several weeks later when you still have boxes to unpack, trying to figure out your new job, find time to see your husband, and cuddle your baby---then you'll crash. Hard core!! And you'll berate yourself for not getting more done and not being better at everything. (I know this probably isn't uplifting---just telling the truth) Remember then all that you have accomplished in such a short time. It always gets done. Either in a short period of time or not. There will always be people to help you get it together too. People who are willing and excited to help. Let them. So keep fighting, and you will still stay whelmed and not over. P.S. I love that Bianca reference, and the tidbit about playing her in junior high, priceless. :)