Monday, June 11, 2007

Provident Living

I love Relief Society lessons centered around provident living. Self sufficiency. Having your affairs in order, financial responsibility with a little food storage thrown in for good measure.

What I love even more is a RS president who stands up after the lesson and reiterates all that so eloquently ending in "We are living in a material world, " as a big smirk spreads across her face, "and we are material girls."

Food storage and Madonna. I couldn't ask for more.

5 comments:

A S H O L I N A said...

And, Sarah and Brynna are NOT lame. :) Here's a toast to all those who either fall asleep, or do the "head bob" during sacrament. ;)

Rachel said...

wow, I need to be in your ward.

Nectar said...

Both physical and spiritual in balance. I love it.

SummerChild said...

I have been laughing all week thinking about being material girls in a material world. What I am going to do when I have to leave this Relief Society? I'll go to my new, hip Manhattan singles ward and and wander around lost and lonely, missing beautiful, spiritual, quirky girls.

Rachel said...

That was a pretty funny summary.