Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hurts so good

So, something I have actually accomplished in this the new year....drum roll please.......

Yes, you guessed it. I've done Pilates 2 whole times this week. Count em, 2. And can I tell you how severe the pain is? Well it's pretty, um, severe. Perhaps after such a long hiatus I should have started out with the basics again instead of the Super Body Sculpting Maximum Impact in the Shortest Time Possible one. Because, it hurts.

Don't get me wrong though. The hurt, as severe as it is, it's darn good. I like it. There is something about sore muscles that make me have a good day. Maybe it's a sense of accomplishment and not being a lazy bum. I'm going for masochist though. Because it sounds much more probable.

I love how I have shooting pain across my abdomen when I laugh. And how that joy makes me laugh even more. And how that same abdomen is tighter today than it was yesterday*. And how working out, despite the fact that you cant see any real results yet, always makes me feel thinner. And I have better posture. And I hurt.

See Dad, my floor exercises as you like to call them and think that they aren't a real workout, really, in fact, are. Because I hurt. And I understand why you might say that, because, aside from the balance thing and not being able to execute everything perfectly, when I'm not in pain like I was today (it was hard people) it really doesn't feel like you are doing much until the next day when your muscles are literally on fire.

The real desire is to start up running again, because someday, I will actually complete a marathon. But there is no way in H-E-double Hell that I am starting to run again in this cold. So we're sticking to the flaming abdomen workout for now. Watch out for my power house, because it's pretty, well, powerful.

*disclaimer.....tighter yes, but underneath a layer of not so tight stuff. Use your imagination. And while we are using our imagination boys and girls, just go ahead and imagine that I have a full on six pack.

4 comments:

christina said...

Ha! I am dying over here. And I feel your pain. I have been working out a few days a week myself. I swear when i finish my workout i am already thinner, and I prance around laughing. It is a great feeling. :)

Rachel said...

I'm imagining...

Mikie said...

You should rebrand that workout and market it yourself. The FLAMING ABDOMEN WORKOUT... dude I'd totally buy it, it just sounds so hardcore.

Britten said...

I LOVE this kind of hurt! Too bad I forget too often how much I love it and sit around like a blob.