Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Single and Searching in Salt Lake

I hate to keep revisiting this topic, but I deal with it on a daily basis......so a patient asked me if I have any kids today (pretty much a daily occurrence). Asked why not (again, daily), asked how old I am, and then reassured me that I still have time even though she is three years younger and pregnant with her third.

The problem being: that I work with just about every cultural bracket possible in which earlier motherhood and/or marriage is expected and/or the norm. LDS couples (given), Hispanic families, and sexually active teenagers. The good: I am increasingly aware of the responsibility bringing a life into this world can be. The bad: this increasing awareness and constant badgering has gotten me a little bitter and/or wary of certain things. Fear not dearest family, underneath this exterior I am a romantic to the core, and so not a complete lost cause. ;)

I regret to have to inform you all that this past weekend was spent watching much of the first season of Prison Break, as my roommate is officially obsessed with one Wentworth Miller who is not only an attractive individual who plays a selfless do goody character, but graduated from Princeton with a degree in English literature. And is named for Captain Wentworth of Jane Austen's Persuasion. Sounds too good to be true, I know. We were ridiculously silly about the whole thing to the point where Amelia announced that I was so lucky, because his love interest's name is Sarah, and when he kisses her, I could imagine that he's kissing me. I'm not sure that am that far gone. But close.

We did determine my weaknesses though. For a strong jaw and good lips. I have known this for quite some time, but had never really verbalized it until now. I don't ask for much. Just that, preferably 6' or taller, not crazy, and some common interests. I think that maybe that was why I was so gun-ho about that one guy that everybody gave me such a hard time about that one time. Oh and the crazy thing. Played a big part.

Pet peeve that has resurfaced today.....and has nothing to do with anything: referring to those of Asian decent as Orientals. A rug is oriental dearest co-worker who works with a very multi-cultural variety of patients daily, human beings are not.

1 comment:

LuLuBelle said...

I can see what you mean, he's a very manly looking man. Maybe one of you could name a son Darcy?