Tuesday, May 02, 2006

What's in a name?

So Dad drove the Tercel out here last night. And anyone who remembers that thing may ask if such a act is even possible. Apparently so, except the muffler broke circa-Lehi-ish and he didn't get in until about 4am. Poor dear. He drove the Tercel because 1) Jess' car blew up and since Nina and Matthew bought a new car, Jess and Ryan are going to use it as additional transportation until the car can be repaired, and 2) because Dad needed to come out here regardless for some business like work at BYU. And so, I believe I am taking another trip to Provo with him today.

When Nina spoke of the new car and trying to sell the Tercel, (if only for a couple hundred $) we both waxed nostalgic about the idea of the cockroach no longer being in the family. After all, I can't remember a time that it wasn't. The thing is older than Nina herself. So happy times that we still will be getting some use out of the thing. It was named the cockroach I believe for the color and some disdain we had for driving the thing, and yet seems even more fitting as the thing just doesn't die. But despite all that, I believe it needs a title bearing more dignity. So Jess and I are working on a new name for the automobile. Suggestions will be readily accepted.

6 comments:

christina said...

Oh, Sarah, I meant to take a picture before the Tercel left me yesterday. Would you be so kind as to take a nice portrait so I can later show my children the beauty that was the Tercel (and make them appreciate whatever they might have)...

I have to admit, I was a little sad to see it go, I never murmured against the car, in or out of it's presence, which I am convinced had a hand in it's ability to run perfectly for me. Just a hint to the next driver. (It always acted up for Matthew, but it loved me)

sigh.

Hobo said...

I remember that car! Back in the day, when you lived in Clovis. Are we talking about that white car? I remember Rachel driving it. What a stellar vehicle. Tersteel is my suggestion.

Rachel said...

we always called it the mario cart. For the way it drives! I will NEVER call it the cockaroach. (you can't make me).

Sarita said...

Um, Nina, except the period of time where you refused to drive it?

No worries. We had a nice lil photo session this afternoon. It's memory will be preserved for all posterity.

christina said...

that was a totally different time, silly. I am talking about the latest time I drove it. You know we've all gone through several stages where we drove that car. And I didn't ever refuse, I just decided I'd rather have a car payment...

Sarita said...

Well then, my dear, you are perfectly validated.

I salute you for driving the mario cart/cockroach/tersteel to work every day.