Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Nano Nano

So the Ipod and I are getting along swimmingly. I never realized how much having your own personal soundtrack could change ordinary mundane life. The produce section at Smiths is a totally new experience altogether when set to Sarah Brightman's Harem. I haven't, however, mastered a few things. 1) the whole singing in public thing (takes me back to a very vivid recollection of listening to Jess' Bangles tape on her walkman on the green couch in the living room in CA. And singing Eternal Flame quite loudly Im sure...over and over and over again). 2) the same as above only insert dancing instead of singing, and 3) the whole technical part. These new fangled gadgets. I think I'm just intimidated, but ended up putting a whole lot of stuff that I did not intend to from Jess' computer. Namely, the soundtrack to Annie, Barbie's Princess and the Pauper, the Lizzie McGuire movie, and children's songs by They Might Be Giants. Which is entertaining in it's own right.

In unrelated news. Went with dear family friend, Emily, to take her bridal portraits yesterday afternoon. The whole ordeal was a little last minute, but great fun, and we got some great stuff. To be shared later. She's a riot. And I'm so happy for her. At one point, her veil was getting in the way while she wasn't wearing it, and kept blowing away, so I stuck it in my hair momentarily. And there I was following her around, holding her bouquet, with a veil blowing behind me in the light breeze. It was magical. Sorta. And that's when I realized, this is why people make comments to me like "you should go to more baseball games. There are lots of nice boys there". It's all becoming a little too clear.

And while I was working on some of the photos last night at Jess' house, the girls were in the next room watching Episode I with their dad. Go figure.

No comments: