Friday, April 28, 2006

A Perfect 10

Visualize, if you will, yours truly, arriving at Jessica's home to work on some photos, arms full of purses and bags with things I needed to take inside, and both hands holding Route 44 Diet Cokes with lime from Sonic. One for my dear sister, and the other for Sarah. As I quickly walked across the lawn, in the dark, one foot fell into a slight hole in the ground, or monsterous ravine, if you will. Knee buckled, and body lurched forward. Miraculously, a split second later, I found myself on the ground, knees a little sore, elbows as well. Seeing that I caught myself with my elbows, leaving my hands in the air, still holding the ginormous fountain drinks of love, completely upright, not a drop spilt. It was a proud moment.

And my jeans have grass stains. The sacrifice was worth it.

____________________

And a big thank you goes to Jess for her help and support and computer (at late hours) as I scrambled to put together some resemblance of a portfolio (that I have been meaning to do for years now) so I would have something to show for myself while meeting a bride to be and mother in Provo. Tomorrow.

______

And on a scale of 1-10, how sad is it that I really really really want to go see the movie Stick It tonight?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sooo? how did your meeting with the bride to be go?

christina said...

I totally want to see that movie, too. I don't know who I am going to go with though...

Sarita said...

It went well. Thanks Kim.

And Nina, you should see it with me. Only 6-7 hours in your brand new vehicle.

I'll check times.

LuLuBelle said...

so proud of you not spilling the Route 44's with lime!!

Jessica said...

I am so thankful she did not spill them! I really needed my fix and she was kind enough to sacrifice her knees and elbows to get it to me. I think I'm ready for another one right about now....