Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A pathetic mess

It all started last night. I enjoyed a wonderful meal at Cafe Rio with Courtney after helping her try on some wedding dresses, returned to Jessica's house where I had left my car, only to find...........

................... the driver's side window smashed in. Nothing missing or even touched. Just lots of shattered glass and no window to speak of. Ryan chivalrously cleaned up the mess with their shop vac and Courtney stuck around for moral support. The main thing is, it just plain sucks. Some punk came by, we figured by what the neighbors said, between 6:15 and 6:30, in broad daylight and shattered the window. It really makes you feel victimized, vulnerable, and when you are sick to boot, just pathetic.

But I have wonderful family out here who helped me out. I crashed at Jess' house, and called in sick this morning. We took the windowless car to a glass auto repair place in some extreme windy, rainy, sleety conditions. Went to Maddie's school play about Australia. And returned to retrieve the car. $130 (that I don't really have) later, a new beautiful window was in the place of the shattered mess. I settled with the glass guy and went outside to get in the car. Only had some troubles as my key would not open the door.

Yes the knob on the lock had been broken, for some time, but never had been an issue. Until now. Seems that in replacing the window, he also displaced the lock slightly so it gets stuck. It unlocks alright, just not on the first try, or maybe the second, or fifteenth. I accepted defeat as the guy explained that there isn't much that can be done about it and went on my way. Only as I went to fasten my seatbelt, I realized that the seatbelt that once had been my captor would no longer fasten. It goes in...Doesn't latch. At all. Now, how exactly this corresponds with the window action, I know not. Unless of course the repair man felt it all too necessary to belt up as he was transporting the vehicle 5 yards from the parking lot to the garage. And got stuck. And broke his way free. So my belt no longer works. I think this guy just may be my arch nemesis and this was all an elaborate scheme to break my seatbelt and endanger my life. So far, the brakes seem to be working fine. But I'll keep you posted.

So here I sit at Jess' house, a sniffling, raspy voiced, sickly mess. I'm usually the optimistic type, and am determined to remain so, but at this moment, I feel nothing short of pathetic.

But I didnt cry...so point for Sarah. I gotta take my victories where I can.

5 comments:

christina said...

sounds like an adventure.

Amanda and McKay said...

Awww, man! I'm really sorry, Sarah!

Rachel said...

ah, stress. it will get better. hugs.

Unknown said...

oh sarah...some people in the world are such dopes. I am sorry for your car stress. someone smashed my car window in once upon a time and it definately makes you mad, leaves you feeling violated and so irritated. i hope things will improve. again...SORRY!!

LuLuBelle said...

why not cry?