Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Not my fault

I was driving the other day in some uncharted territory. Or at least a street that I've never been down. A sign caught my attention that said Faultline Gardens, with an arrow and a small path leading to a playground. Maybe it's just me, but who would want to take their children to play there? And who names these things? Comon kids! Let's go play on the faultline!

I'm hoping it's not just me.

Also, Amelia and I attended the Saturday session of our stake conference last weekend (a first for me) and afterwards were making our way to the institute parking lot when some music caught our attention. We followed it of course, and found our way into a gym, decked out in pinata's and sombreros and enchilada's. And a live band wearing matching jeans, white button down shirts not completely buttoned up, and black cowboy hats. It was great. We grabbed a seat at an empty table to enjoy the atmosphere for a moment. Right in front of the band. Bad idea. I think we looked a little too excited, as they started speaking to us, and realized that we understood their Spanish. But that's beside the point. It was fun. And as I looked around the room, I noticed someone who looked familiar. Elder Holland you ask? No not this time. It was one of the Schutz kids from my days in California. I jumped up and made my way over. It was Matt. He said, "I thought I recognized you, Dave's right over there." I spoke to them both and marveled about I used to babysit those two. Anyhow, kids are hilarious. David is married? I introduced them to Amelia as Kip's friend's little brothers. Dave asked, "oh is that Aaron's name in that movie? Haven't seen it. I know, I'm not temple worthy." And Laura, Matt said he's been meaning to call you for about 6 months now. I told him that I'd let you know.

Last time I saw him was when we got a phone call one night in Vegas from Jameson asking if they could sleep in our backyard as they were in town to do some climbing.

El fin.

5 comments:

Hobo said...

ha! oh little matty schutz. i heard he got married. that's so cool and random-- this party you crashed!

christina said...

son't you remember all of our afternoons as children playing on the faults? oh, such memories...

Sarita said...

No, I do, however, remember countless days exploring the construction sights of the housing development going up around our home.

Which is completely safe.

Rachel said...

yeah, I mean, what were our parents thinking? Ahem, MOM.

Jessica said...

So funny! I was just talking about this...Erin's mom, (Erin is Josh's fiance), (Josh is Ryans brother, and for those who don't know, Ryan is my husband)...anyway, her mom asked me about my charm bracelet Britten gave to me which has a charm of a gazebo on it, which represents the framed houses that we used to climb and play in all the time. It started a big conversation about all the dangerous things we all did as kids. Fun times!