Thursday, April 20, 2006

Epiphanies

That kinda sounds like a foreign language.

The following are realizations that I have had recently. Some are new, and some have just newly resurfaced.....

1. When I am speaking to someone, namely patients, and am being almost sappily sweet, I start to get a hint of a southern accent. But it's all sincere. I swear.

2. When I speak to someone on the phone in spanish, by the end of the conversation, I am usually shouting. Further proof that our family is lacking in volume control.

3. Altoids are not meant to act as meals. I have known this for quite some time now. Today I learned that the same goes for a jumbo box of Junior Mints. I'm noticing a pattern here.

4. I am the worst story teller in all of history. Seriously. I leave out pertinent details. And leave others lost. Thank you dear family for keeping me aware of such things.

5. And I tell the same stories all the time.

6. Despite having a great sense for propriety in public (usually) my family is extremely lacking in it in private. I like the fact that we can refer to Nina as being 'knocked up'.

7. While G-pa was playing the guitar last weekend, Maddie treated us with what can only be considered an interpretive dance. And during said dance, different members of the family independently asked if it reminded anyone of someone else at her age. While giving me sideways glances. In my defense, I believe it was Nina who mentioned that I turned out to be a pretty decent dancer, so there is hope for Madd yet. Bless her. And despite waht anyone may tell you, there ARE NOT home videos of myself doing such interpretive dances. Or there will not be as soon as I get my hands on them.

8. I just ate another Junior Mint.

9. Now I'm just stretching for things to write at this point, because I have a hard time with limits. I overdo things.

Sometimes.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Sarah is correct. There are NOT any home videos of her doing interpretive dances. And she is NOT wearing leg warmers and a pink leotard in said videos. And you definitely cannot see her "unders" poking out at the edges of the leotard.

christina said...

but poking out from the leotard, alot, and under the wool design tights, with runs and the no design area at the top, obviously not meant to be seen. And don't forget the 'Ribbon Dancer' accessory.

Sarita said...

See, I told you it didnt exist.

Sometimes I long for the days of my pink leotards, intrepretive ribbon dancing, and undie exposing without the slightest care in the world.

FYI...Rachel had scary imaginary friends and a biting pillow, and Christina put on a gynamstics show consisting of somersaults and cartwheels, and a parade of stuffed animals for any and all visitors.

Sarita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda and McKay said...

If only there were a way to blog non-existent videos...

Amanda and McKay said...

If only there were a way? No. If only there WAS a way.
I like english.