Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Did I mention?

That I'm growing a baby? Yeah, you probably already knew, but this here blog didn't. Found out on Friday that I am actually 9 weeks and not 10+ like originally thought. But there is a strong (and fast) little heartbeat and the whole thing is still totally bizarre and fascinating (and exciting! and scary!) to me. So it's basically what I talk about these days. I guess I thought that it wouldn't be so foreign to me seeing as how I have watched sisters and friends and family go through it so much. Apparently having something grow in your stomach has to be experienced firsthand.

Luckily, the morning sickness hasn't been too bad. At least I'm not puking. I'm just nauseous ALL the time. I have a theory though, seeing as how the only times I have thrown up in my life have been due to a serious stomach flu or food poisoning (after hours and hours of agony), maybe it's just not my thing? Sometimes I really wish I could though, if only for temporary relief. But like I said, not as bad as some, so I am counting my blessings.

Other not so interesting facts: seeing as how Joel always says that I am reptile simply because I am not capable of regulating my own body temperature, and seeing as how at a certain point the human fetus and that of a turtle are supposed to look identical, the baby is obviously a dinosaur. Joel has impeccable logic. He went to law school.

Also, my sister in law, Alyssa is convinced the heartbeat is so strong because they are twins with REALLY synchronized heartbeats (I didn't have the heart to explain that we saw and did not hear the strong heartbeat) and being as they are so NSYNC....they should be named Lance and Justin. I will leave that to Joel's discretion.

Otherwise, life is pretty routine. I have turned into a Grandma that goes to bed at 8pm. And has cravings for hot wings, pickles, and green olives. The End.


3 comments:

The Wi Family said...

Love it! I'm so glad you haven't been too sick--though sometimes it's better to puke and get it over with because the nausea will leave for a bit....but puking is never fun :( Makes me sick just thinking about it.
The 2nd trimester is definitely better!!! Hang in there. Love ya!!! And I'm so excited that there will be more babies in the family.

bec said...

CONGRATS! So exciting. I can't wait to hear your take on all the funny things.

gurrbonzo said...

Mmmmm, hot wings...