Monday, April 24, 2006

Validation: to the highest power (or close anyhow)

This weekend. I went to Cafe Rio. Big shocker I know. While enjoying my food, as only a Cafe Rio connoisseur such as myself can, I lifted my head and discovered someone looking very familiar standing in line for his food. After a second, his identity became clear. I was about to dine with none other than Elder Holland. I always knew there was something special, almost existential about that place, and now that is confirmed.

He ordered a steak burritto. Enchilada style. To go. I knew he'd make a good selection.

Also, does anyone remember the Simpson's episode where Homer was the food critic. I saw it again the other day. It's good.

3 comments:

Amanda and McKay said...

Well, that clinches it. The church IS true!

Unknown said...

so funny...and fun.
did you ask him to sit for awhile and shoot the breeze? how cute that is that he goes to Cafe Rio. Wish i could............

Hobo said...

hahaha! no comment. just laughing at the other ones and how cool it is you saw and took note of elder holland's order. so i guess i did have a comment after all. sarah! i finally sent your card. hope you get it.