Wednesday, April 12, 2006

She-Ra

A butter knife, screw driver, pliers, pick ax, what turned out to be a really flimsy plank of wood, my fist, and not so brute strength. One might ask what these items have in common. Really it's simple (silly), as these are the exact tools necessary to pop the hood of Sarah's car.

Yes, as of 7pm I still could not get it open (and for those of you snickering about girls not being able to do simple things...the latch was having serious issues). It's always been tricky to open, but now almost impossible. First, I determined that the lever pulling the cable was not actually pulling the cable. So I reached behind and pulled the cable with a pair of pliers (one of the few actual tools that I own). This did nothing except teach me that if you do this for long enough, you begin to lose all strength in your hands and arms and it begins to strip the cable.

So after many conversations with Dad, internet advice, and even a call to my now married friend who used to help me in such situations (thank goodness he has a great wife...who likes me), and help from Amelia, we managed to pry the hood open a little. And married friend only laughed at me a little, bless his little heart. I did in fact premise the conversation by instructing him that he is not allowed to laugh. He merely laughed and told me that he would not agree to those terms. Well, due to his stellar advice.....I pounded on the hood, we used the the pick ax to pull up while also pulling on the cable. 2 hours and 2 slightly dirty girls later, I almost gave up, but gave it one last try. Lo and behold. It popped. The battery charged. All is well. Except my body is as sore as all get out.

And while Sarah means princess, I'm pretty sure the Hebrew translation just forgot to mention that it actually means princess of power.

Special mention goes to Amelia for sacrificing her American Idol viewing for me. And being so kind, and giving me rides yesterday. And be so diplomatic about the situation as to tell me that it's a good thing we are so different. So that when things like this happen, she can help, and when she needs a creative mind, I'm always there. I'm taking that as a compliment.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm pretty sure Sarah means "princess of power". I looked it up in the bible dictionary.